Hi, my name is Lara and I have an addiction to makeup…. I think I may need an accountability group… if you are like me and are an avid YouTube beauty watcher and blog reader you have more than likely heard of Makeup Geek. Makeup Geek is the amazing Marlena who not only creates content on YouTube but has her own line of makeup. I say I was coerced into buying some products by Makeup Geek in an effort to explain my bank statement, but alas I do have a free will. But I can say that this is one purchase that I do not regret. And I see in my future more purchases…
Makeup Geek is best known for their eye shadows and pigments. And boy oh boy do they deserve the praise. The shadows are smooth and creamy and magically have staying power, amazing pigmentation and blend-ability beyond belief. And you guys know I don’t say these kinds of things unless they are true. In fact I may have more negative reviews on this blog then positive so when I love something you know it is true.
If you only get one thing from Makeup Geek get the 9 Shadow Starter Kit.
Makekup Geek Says:: These nine shades are specifically chosen by Marlena to be the best shadows to get your collection started and will serve as a solid foundation for the most stunning looks. The Starter Kit is a nice blend of shimmer and matte shadows that will make you fall in love with the Makeup Geek brand.
Colors Included In This Starter Kit
– Cocoa Bear – Matte golden brown
– Mocha – Matte Warm medium brown
– Glamorous – Bronzy, shimmery gold
– Creme Brulee – Medium sand color with a soft matte finish
– Shimma Shimma – Shimmery highlight
– Drama Queen – Densely dark purple with a shimmery finish
– Prom Night – Pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish.
– Unexpected – Light and subtle pink matte purple blend
– Corrupt – Intense matte black with small bit of sparkle
Lara Says:: So yeah, it really is all that and a bag of chips! I. Can’t. Get. Enough. If you recall last year I did a 7 days of theBalm’s Nude’Tude palette where I created 7 looks using one palette. I am planning on doing the same thing with starter palette and possibly throwing in some pigments as well. Stay Tuned!!